Why You’ll Want A Post Partum Doula
- The most obvious reason is that you DESERVE one, and will likely need one! Who doesn’t need some extra support while venturing out on a new journey?!
- Speaking of extra support, having a post partum doula at your side enables you to find your own groove, your own way, at your own time. It’s all about supporting you so that you can smoothly transition.
- And you don’t have to worry about being judged about your choices or the things you still need to learn! As your doula, I am happy to discuss various parenting philosophies and options with you! There are so many options and opinions when it comes to parenting; I am just here to give you any information you’re wanting and support you and your family in all of the decisions that YOU make.
- Early breastfeeding can definitely have a learning curve! Having an experienced doula supporting you during those still-getting-the-hang-of-it feedings can be extremely helpful.
- Who is going to nurture YOU while you’re busy nurturing your new baby, along with any other siblings?! I will give you reminders to eat, and to keep yourself hydrated as they are often forgotten when all your attention is going to your new baby. Taking care of you as your body recovers after delivery (no matter the form of delivery!) is so important to your recovery!
- If you’ve had babies previously, you know that information changes and products change even in short time spans! What was great for your first baby may not be recommended by the time baby #3 comes around! And it’s so hard to stay on top of it all! It is my job to be an expert on everything baby and to have the most up to date information!
- Sometimes it’s hard to just focus on the importance of bonding during those first weeks/months. And not just between mommy and baby, but also daddy and baby, and the whole family unit together! There’s laundry, meal planning, grocery shopping, post office runs, kitchen clean up, dusting, playground time with the siblings, etc. The list goes on and on! Let me help. I can help you. I can run those errands. I can make those meals. I can take siblings to the park or the backyard. I can clean up after the day. I can clean & fold laundry. All while keeping you company, should you like.
- I can also hold your baby while you have a moment to eat, to shower, to SLEEP, to have a few moments with older siblings. And you can relax knowing that you are in the hands of a trained professional. So that you can truly have a moment (or a couple hours!) to let yourself rejuvenate and recover.
- I have been trained to recognize the array of signs and symptoms of post partum depression. There is a wide array of what is normal, what’s edging into the depression pool, and sometimes it’s hard to see where you’re standing until you’re on the other side of it. I can help to advise you on what’s generally considered a “normal” part of recovery after birth and when you might need some help.
I love this work and the families I work with. Let me help you as your family transitions, be it from a first baby to the 5th!